||City of London, London
||7 days ago
|Who to Contact
Hunting: MultiValue / Universe Database Administrator
Location: City of London
Our client is looking for someone who will be responsible for ensuring the optimal performance, development, availability and security of their Universe database environment.
You will administer, maintain and utilise policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases, accept and release new data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance
- Maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters
- Monitoring and maintaining database file sizes
- Maintaining Universe licensing across all machines.
- Maintaining support documentation
- Working closely with teams to convert requirements into logical and physical database designs and models
- Capacity planning and reporting
- Responsible for database and query performance optimisation
- Ensure that Service desk incidents are completed within specified SLAs
- Code reviewing and advising development on potential enhancements
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Significant experience as a Universe DBA
- Good understanding of Universe File Types - in particular, Distributed and Dynamic files.
- Good understanding of Universe Database Triggers.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues (e.g. use of fixtool), performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimisation.
- Good knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please give us a call and we can have a chat
Ref: JO0000000790_1560180457 Published: 7 days ago