Our client is a market leading Financial Software Provider with offices across the globe. They are currently looking for career minded Software Engineers capable of developing high quality software for immediate integration into mission critical systems for core banking.
To be considered for this role you should be able to show proficiency in the following areas of competence (defined by the IEEE Computer Society Software Engineering Certificates of Proficiency):
- Software requirements
- Software design
- Software construction
- Software testing
- Software maintenance
- Software configuration management
- Software engineering management
- Software engineering process
- Software engineering models and methods
- Software quality
- Software engineering economics
- Software project management
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or similar which includes software engineering modules.
- Experience of agile practices such as test/behaviour-driven development, refactoring, pair programming, continuous integration, user stories and velocity tracking.
- A good understand of formal software engineering with the ability to explain and calculate pre-conditions, post-conditions and invariants.
- Use of formal notation such as Z is an advantage.
The job does not require any particular programming skill as the client uses their own domain specific language and teaches its use to all new developers as part of their training programme.