Our client, an established organisation based in London is currently looking for an experienced Software Development Analyst to join their IT team. You will be responsible for the continued development and support of their corporate database and associated products and systems.
Working as part of a team you will assist in developing the system further using new technologies whilst ensuring the quality and accuracy of information available is of the highest and most relevant standard.
Duties will include:
· Developing new programmes and routines including requirements analysis, writing specifications, design and documentation
· Ensuring that systems development projects meet business requirements and goals
· Fulfilling end-user requirements, and identifying and resolving systems issues
· Liaising with third parties regarding import and export (both manually and electronically) of data for the corporate database
· Second line support
· Being responsible for the accuracy and integrity of data in areas of responsibility
· Providing ad-hoc data analysis as required
· Assist in developing the system using technologies such as .Net, SSIS and Java
· Extensive experience in a systems analyst/programmer or support role within a Universe / Pick programming environment.
· Currently working in a Universe database environment.
· Currently working with Universe programming tools.
· Knowledge of SB+
· Experience of large database environments
· Experience of working with in a UNIX environment
· Excellent customer service delivery skills
· Proven problem solver, coupled with good analytical skills
· Ability to multitask
· Experience of MS SQL
· Knowledge of AIX
· Experience in system administration of Universe, SB+, AIX
· Knowledge of browser based developments