Working for our End User client in Surrey, the role will encompass developing, supporting and maintaining their in-house business systems. You should have initiative, good communication skills, ability to "multi-task" and a "hunt for solutions" attitude.
WOULD SUIT: Senior Analyst / Programmer looking to progress into management or Senior Support person with some programming knowledge - Preferably MultiValue !.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Analysis, development and support of business systems
- MultiValue programming background (any Pick flavour - Universe, Unidata, mvBase, jBase, D3, Databasic / Unibasic).
- Any knowledge of SB+,
- ERP systems knowledge - Avante / Infoflo useful.
- Microsoft Windows networks, servers and PC systems.
More about the role:
- Support, develop, design and implement improvements to the business systems.
- Utilise technology to increase company efficiency, reduce costs and provide a high standard of service.
- Work with external vendors to ensure successful development and implementation of corporate projects and corporate compliance.
- Produce and maintain appropriate system documentation on all systems.
- Analyse user's requirements and implement software changes where required.
- Expand knowledge of business system modules in order to provide first and second line support as appropriate.
- Ensure proficient use of programming languages - currently Unibasic, SB+, Visual Basic and AQL and ensure familiarity with Universe, SBXA, MS Windows, MS .NET Framework.
- Maintain knowledge of latest technologies and learn new programming languages as the current and future needs of the company dictate.
If this sounds like a position you could get your teeth in to, give me a call. 01932 269 563