We are looking for a Scrum Master with at least 3 years' experience of working as a Scrum Master, or facilitator of Agile teams, within an Agile software development environment.
Our client is a market leading Financial Software Provider with offices across the globe.
- Coordinate management of the team's backlog and sprint management system
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools, and best practices within the team and across the organization
- Collaborate with the Product Owner on project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Understand the importance of Product Increment and the Definition of Done.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as well as seeking out new opportunities to make an impact
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance
- Collaborate with other teams to develop enterprise release plans
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of Agile best practice, lean techniques and Scrum.
- Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Ability to promote ideas and make sound technical decisions as a member of a team of technical experts.
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Good working knowledge of Agile tools: - Version Control / Collaboration / Issue / Task Management / Continuous Integration.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques, within the Agile Lifecycle.
- Broad Knowledge of Software Delivery (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Deployment).
- Broad knowledge of software architectures.
- Degree, or equivalent qualified in a relevant subject area is desirable (e.g. information technology).
- Excellent skills in facilitation, participatory decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysis, developers and test people
- Proven ability to influence people at all levels across the organisation and outside, including negotiating and successfully facilitating joint decision-making.
- Able to ensure Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
Required Experience & Expertise
- Certified Scrum Master
- 3+ years' experience as a Scrum Master, or facilitator of Agile teams, working within an Agile software development environment.
- Broad software development / test analysis skills, in JAVA
- Extensive experience in large-scale Enterprise software systems with specific experience of developing high performance processing platforms which process 1000's of transactions per second.
- knowledge of jBC