The Project Manager is responsible for the monitoring of the tasks involved in the delivery of our software package to our customers. Customer liaison is a key part of this role, the project manager being the main point of contact during a project keeping them informed, and chased where required, of progress.
Working from a specification and taking direction from members of the development team, they will create the project plan (using Jira) and subsequently keep this updated with all completed tasks or changes / additions of tasks. Where tasks are either late or very close to completion date, the person will request updates from the team member responsible for the task to ensure we do not have any issues with completion. If issues do exist, the person will bring this to the attention of the Project and Business support Manager to discuss the next course of action.
- To agree, manage and monitor project objectives of the customer. (Set objectives in line with companies solutions and customer needs, including scope, timescales and budget)
- To apply quality management principles and processes in all work areas.
- Embrace continuous improvement, looking for innovative and new ways of working.
- Work closely with the Development Manager, Developers and other Project Managers in the Delivery Team.
- Take ownership of project tracking and maintain full visibility of statuses at all times.
- Focus on all tasks and timescales within projects ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Liaise with all parties involved to create and maintain communication routes during the life of the project, including the customer.
- Arrange meetings where necessary to check progress of tasks.
- To escalate to the relevant party where a project is considered at risk.
- To carry out user training for the customer.
- To perform other duties as directed by any Director of the company as may from time to time be required.
Level Of Responsibility:
- Maintain control over projects.
- Ensure all tasks are monitored for completion and updates.
- Maintain liaison with the customer throughout the life of the project.
- Carry out user training for the customer.
- Will not be required to carry out any development work that requires coding.
- No authority for approval of contractual agreements
- No authority to purchase new equipment.
- No authority for alterations to network permissions.
- No access to staff records
- Networked Windows PC.
- Microsoft Office (all components).
- Telephone, e-mail & Internet
- All relevant required connections to client sites.