We have a great opportunity for a hands-on, multi-skilled Project Manager with a superb track record of managing complex functional projects in various environments.
The position would suit someone who enjoys challenging and diverse projects and is confident working with technical and business experts and is willing to take full responsibility for the delivery of project objectives.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of IT Projects with budgets up to £2m and providing strategic direction and management of the Programme Roadmap as well as line management of a Test Analyst and matrix management of the Project team including Business Analysts and Developers.
Knowledge & skills:
- Qualification in Prince2 / PMP / Agile.
- Strong CXo-level Management, ability to interact with, and influence senior stakeholders.
- Highly experienced in running multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- Ability to sell the benefits of projects to their target audiences.
- Proven ability to manage project issues and mitigate and risks throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise with senior stakeholders across the programme and in multiple locations.
- Strong experience in Client and Supplier Management, including sourcing new suppliers and contract / framework negotiation.
- Experience in both Waterfall & Agile Methodology.
- Can-do attitude, must be able to analyse issues where required, be a problem-solver.
- IT Application Project Management essential.
- IT Infrastructure Project Management desirable.
- Any experience of applications software in the travel, transport or field service industries an advantage.
- Create strategic roadmap for future developments that reflect changing business models and markets.
- Plan and schedule the group Programme of work based on priority.
- Plan and lead Programme Board meetings.
- Accountable for the delivery of all Projects to time and budget.
- Produce the project definition to include scope, roles, responsibilities, budgets, timescales and resources.
- Prepare a comprehensive project plan taking input from technical and business resources.
- Assign tasks and activities to members of the project team and ensure the required results are delivered.
- Achieve sign off from the sponsor and other stakeholders at key stages of the project.
- Ensure the smooth handover of the project into production.
- Ensure the project is conducted in accordance with IT Project Management Standards.
- Undertake Post Implementation Reviews of peer projects.
- Ensure any warranty period fixes and critical fixes are delivered.
- Robust appraisal and 121 of direct report(s).