Dept size: 3 total
Role: Support and Development of OI system. Need to be able to program both front and back end. Desire really good solid GUI programming and design.
Need to work as part of a team ie liaising with others.
Projects to include:
- Assisting in migration from D3 legacy "Green Screen" Pick system to OI Windows based system.
- Technical Documentation
- User Manuals
Environment: OI v9.4, AD, DNS, DHCP, D3 / MVBase (30 yrs old) , MS Server 2008-2018
Opportunity to join an established manufacturing organization in New Jersey as the main Software Programmer.
You must have worked as part of a multi-member team and will have 2+ years' experience in software and database design, development and implementation in a Windows GUI environment. Responsibilities include completing software maintenance, enhancements and related projects as well as documentation on the technical and end user levels. The individual in this position will typically be involved in every step of the software process from understanding company and end users needs to assisting fellow programmers, technicians and support staff with deliverables.
Technical skills needed:
- Must be skilled in at least one of the following: VB, C#, Visual Studio.
- Web Applications, Mobile Applications, BASIC, PICK, D3, OpenInsight/Advanced Revelation, multivalued databases experience a plus.
- Creative problem solver who can balance multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new programming languages and put this new knowledge into practice.
- Skilled in creating user friendly and aesthetic front-end interfaces.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with company employees at all levels.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Member of team migrating company database system from character based to GUI.
- Maintain and troubleshoot company software and database system post migration.
- Work with departments to update or create program modules to better achieve department goals.
- Must be able to work outside regular work hours as needed.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize outstanding issues.
- Follow established procedures on daily work with guidance.
- Write concise and intelligible documentation for both technical and end users.