Our client, an established organisation based in London is currently looking for an experienced Software Developer to join their IT team. You will be responsible for the continued Development and Support of their corporate database and associated products and systems.
Working as part of a team you will assist in developing the system further using new technologies whilst ensuring the quality and accuracy of information available is of the highest and most relevant standard.
- ·Business analysis and consulting including documentation to ensure end users are provided with solutions in line with the IT direction.
- ·Develop new programs and routines including requirements analysis, writing specifications, design and documentation.
- ·Ensure that system development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify & resolve systems issues.
- ·Liaise with third parties regarding import and export (both manually and electronically) of data for the Corporate database.
- ·Second line support of users.
- ·Be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of data in areas of responsibility.
- ·Provide ad-hoc data analysis as required.
- ·Assist with first line support and monthly maintenance.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- ·Extensive experience in a systems analyst/programmer or support role within a Universe or U2 database environment
- ·Currently working in a Universe or U2 database environment
- ·Currently working with Universe or U2 programming tools
- ·Experience of large database environments
- ·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ·Excellent customer service delivery skills
- ·Dynamic, quick thinker
- ·Proven problem solver, coupled with good analytical skills
- ·Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- ·Ability to prioritise tasks
- ·Ability to multi task
- ·Able to work flexible hours in line with business needs
- ·"Can do" attitude
- ·Willing to learn new products and skills
- ·Knowledge of AIX an advantage
- ·Knowledge of SB+ an advantage
- ·Knowledge of Microsoft CRM development and/or administration an advantage
- ·Knowledge of FastStats an advantage
- ·Experience in system administration of Universe, SB+, AIX would be an advantage
- ·Experience with .Net/C++/C#/java development skills an advantage.