We are looking for a Managed Service (MS) Consultant to work for a global leader in integrated IT Solutions.
This role will be part of a Managed Service delivery team primarily based from offices in Surrey, although some onsite work from other offices will be expected as required.
The position would suit someone that has a strong support and development background, with a good understanding of an investment bank environment.
You will be working on a variety of support, analysis, development and project related tasks simultaneously and will provide cover from 7am-7pm with an early/late/standard day, rotated within the team, with overnight support again covered on a rotational basis. (Occasional weekend maintenance work will also be required, but on a much more limited basis).
Focus will be on the delivery of projects and the overall change process and 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support of both the client environment and the suite of products. You will also be expected to participate in, when required, an active training and knowledge transfer program to ensure less experienced members of the team are brought up to speed.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent overall knowledge of the Securities Finance sector.
- A good working knowledge of one or more of the following Securities Finance products: Global One, Apex SecFin, Apex Collateral, Martini
- Experience in dealing with issues in the business flow from trading through settlement, (upstream and downstream systems and processes included).
- Understanding the full trade lifecycle is a key element of the role.
- Working knowledge of UNIX / Linux and Windows environments
- Experience of other standard market applications (Swift / Crest etc.)
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting, Perl, C++, Java, UniData (or similar RDBMS) / SB+, Sybase / Oracle, Transact / PLSQL
Other required skills and abilities:
- A structured and methodical approach to problem investigation and resolution
- The ability to guide and lead a team of mixed experience resources
- The confidence and ability to deal directly with customers at all levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively on a number of tasks in parallel
- Good communication skills.
- A commitment to hard work, the ability to work individually and as part of a team with the willingness at times to work under pressure in a sometimes challenging environment.
Knowledge of any of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- MQ/C++ API / Java
- Business Objects
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.