Are you an IT Manager with previous experience of working in the manufacturing industry? Do you enjoy a hands-on role? Then this could be the position for you.
We have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to take on the role of IT Manager for an established company in the South East. This is an ideal role for someone that is ambitious and keen to progress to Head of ITC / IT Director.
To be considered for this position you should have a friendly approach with good influencing skills. You should also be prepared to work within the parameters of the organisation and a structured ISO-9001 Business Management System.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall management of the ITC function with responsibility for 1 direct report (planning to increase to 2 reports).
- Day to day management of the ITC infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime of all systems and services to all users and stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the regular upkeep and maintenance of all ITC systems including servers, eMail Services, Storage Servers, Databases (Microsoft SQL), ERP (Epicor Vantage V8), Telephony System, Internet Connectivity, ITC Security, 50+ desktop/laptop clients (Windows/MS office based), Engineering Packages (Solidworks, EPDM Document Management).
- Maintenance of the communications network based on wired and Wireless LAN throughout the facility, with review and update as appropriate to support growing business needs.
- Monitoring, control and reporting of ITC status and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure delivery of the outcomes planned for the business and the standards defined by the business.
- Management of an ITC Skills Matrix of ITC processes to manage resource balance and de-risk any business critical functions.
- Budget holder responsible for ITC budget.
Candidate profile / experience required:
- At least 2 years' experience in an IT Management role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferable, ideally working with an ERP package, generating reports in Crystal and/or SQL. Experience with Epicor Vantage and Corvu would be an advantage.
- Setting up and management of Server Level software (Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012, Hyper V, Exchange Server, SQL Server) Microsoft SQL Server, with a sound degree of technical knowledge including trouble shooting, running queries, reports generation.
- Experience with ImageX and WIM image format would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in managing communications networks with upwards of 100 connection nodes.
- Experienced budget holder with responsibility for managing an assigned ITC budget.
- Experience in setting up, maintaining and working in a professional and structured methodology, ideally aligned to the ISO9001 standard.
- Recognised formal qualification in Computing or Technical/IT related, ideally at degree level, and evidence of continuous on-going training and education.
- Technically well updated and connected to current computing technologies.
- Experienced in safeguarding ITC business continuity.
Company and personal performance related bonus, pension scheme, flexi time, excellent career progression to Head of ITC/IT Director.