A very well established company, over 200 years, and a market leader in its sector is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer.
Your skills should include:
- Broad experience of IT service operations, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of configuring enterprise grade network and security equipment
- Working experience of latest virtualisation technologies.
- Experience of IT infrastructure protocols and switch/router technical language.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN setup and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Active directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy desirable.
You should have:
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Clear, logical and organised thinker.
- Proactive and positive approach.
The role will involve:
- Leading and advising on all aspects of IT infrastructure within the business.
- Performing administration and maintenance task relating to IT infrastructure and providing operational IT support.
- Managing IT projects to support the proactive strategy within the business and IT.
- Providing training and documentation to the Service Desk enabling them to take on basic functions.
- Advising and training the IT support team on day to day aspects of our infrastructure and best practice to be followed in support infrastructure level solutions.