A MultiValue U2 Developer is being sought by this end user at their head office in Middlesex. You should be used to working with software through the full lifecycle from programming and deployment of the software, both internally and to provide value added services to its customers.
Technical skillset required:
- Multivalue databases experience is essential. Preferably Rocket U2 - preferably Rocket UniVerse with UniBasic.
Desirable: (not essential)
- Microsoft .Net used with UniObjects.
- Applications experience in travel, transport of field service industries.
- XML / Web Services and / or JSP / Java (J2EE) used with Redback / Web DE.
- SQL Server.
Role will involve:
- Estimating, prototyping, developing and implementing software in a UniVerse, Redback, XML & .NET environment.
- Estimate programming work durations, delivering solutions to problems and an awareness of customer expectations of service.
- Customer liaison.
- Effective organisation of the above and effective handover including full on-time knowledge transfer to systems users, management and the IT Services team post-implementation as required.
You should be:
- 2 years experience of software development.
- A good communicator.
- Able to estimate programming work duration and deliver solutions.
- Preferably educated to HND / Degree level in IT or similar discipline.
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure, be innovative and enthusiastic and professional.
- Willing to travel to other company locations as required.
- Able to provide some out of hours to support the database and critical infrastructure such as an on call rota of 1 week in 3 and also during implementations