We are looking for a Software Developer to work on a fixed term contract for one of our clients based in Limerick, Ireland.
You will be responsible for developing new and maintaining current desktop and intranet applications and creating supporting documentation such as design and functional specifications. This will involve liaising with the global development teams and coordinating development in line with corporate goals and objectives.
· Develop and maintain existing software systems.
· Work with business departments to scope and design software applications.
· Provide support to critical live production environments.
· Comply with software regulation requirements including validation and documentation as required.
· Work with infrastructure department to ensure that any software development sits on a secure environment.
· Proactively communicate progress, issues and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
· Work independently as part of a distributed development team or as part of a local team.
· Ensure that the company's Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on the company's behalf.
Skills and Experience:
· Educated to degree level in a computer science or related discipline.
· 3+ years commercial development experience in .Net (ASP.Net, VB.Net) or equivalent
· 3+ years experience in C++ and VB
· Knowledge and working experience of MS SQL Server (2005+), Transact SQL and security.
· Experience in software development lifecycle and related documentation
· Experience of working in a regulated software environment an advantage.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All candidates for this role must be willing to travel on company business.
This is a fixed term contract for 6-9 months and salary is pro rata.