An experienced IT Development Manager is being sought by this end user based in West Yorkshire. Experience of ERP software / systems and their design methods would be advantageous but non-essential.
The role will include:
· Lead an Manage a Development Team (Team Leaders, Software Developers and Database Analysts) - 3 direct reports, 15 overall
· Develop a strategy for the development team (as part of the overall IT strategy)
· Plan and monitor and improve the quality of service it deliver internally and externally
· Deliver projects to budget and time.
Your technical experience should include:
· Knowledge of development architectures, methodologies and emerging trends - strong knowledge of .Net / SQL (Essential)
· Knowledge of security technologies and secure development / design (Essential)
· VB.Net, ASP.Net, Java, Silverlight, Ajax (Essential)
· Understanding of MS SQL Server Databases (Essential)
· Understanding of ERP systems and design methods (Useful but non essential)
· MultiValue Database systems (Useful but non essential)
· Use of PHP / XML development languages(Useful but non essential)
· Experience using Agile methodology (able to coach team members) (Useful but non essential)
Other experience should include:
· Team leadership and Team Planning
· Stategic direction, planning and technical leadership
· Software development - structured and documented and tested and future-proof reusable core code libraries
· Support and Problem solving
· Process improvements
· Standards and Data Protection
· Solid planning and estimation skills.
· Working to tight timescales.
· Working to waterfall & agile methodologies as appropriate.
· Working to adopted ISEB/ITSQB and ITIL best practice.