Our client, based in Cheshire, is looking for an additional team member who is keen to share their skills and knowledge with an established team and look for ways of bringing fresh ideas in to the mix.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering software that meets the needs of the business and its customers and the work will be split between working on the existing codebase, and new and innovative applications based on a service oriented architecture.
Duties will include:
· Translating software requirements into high quality maintainable code
· Testing developed code to a high quality including verifying user-acceptance criteria to ensure work meets requirements
· Devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options
· Producing technical documentation to describe system usage
· Provide telephone support both internally and to external clients
· Take part fully in the agile practises adopted by the team
· HTML/5, XML, XSLT, CSS/3
· SQL Server (TSQL for SQL Server)
· Relational database structures and principles
· Object Oriented Programming practices and principles
· Awareness of common design patterns
· Effective use of source control systems - such as TFS and Git
· Agile/Scrum methodologies
· Experience of XP practises - TDD, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
· MVC/MVVM - for example : ASP.Net MVC or WebApi
· Service Oriented Architecture development
· Web services - ReST, SOAP, WCF
Ideal candidates should have a Computer Science related degree at 2.1 or above or have a proven track record of working in a technical environment using the above technologies.