We are looking for an experienced Test Analyst with a good knowledge of system and functional testing to work for one of our clients based in Derby.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years Testing experience with a mind-set to grow and contribute to practices and process to strengthen the Testing and QA. A knowledge and some experience of working in an agile (Scrum) environment is essential for this role.
You will work in a fast paced agile environment working with the whole team to define and plan a testing strategy during iteration (sprint) planning, taking into account any changes in requirements through quality assurance.
Working as part of the project team you will demonstrate strong communication skills liaising with developers and other stakeholders throughout sprints to ensure work meets high quality standards, highlighting issues and impediments to the team leader and product owner promptly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Define and plan testing requirements meeting project requirements and timelines
· Prepare test plans and scripts, including those required for automated testing
· Ensure the highest quality is maintained through to release
· Verify acceptance criteria are met as part of the assurance process
· Provide feedback to development team leaders to aid continuous improvement
· Provide estimates and team leaders to ensure delivery expectations are managed
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Methodical and thorough approach to testing
- Enthusiasm for team working and continuous improvement
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong enthusiasm for continuos improvement and agile QA practise improvement within the team
Essential Skills & Experience:
·Good understanding of software development lifecycle
· Experience of agile methods and practices
- Experience writing test cases and preparing test data
- Experience of test automation using tools such as Selenium or TestComplete
- Proven track record in testing and quality assurance
- Knowledge of quality management (internal, UAT, production)
- Ability to provide estimates around testing
- Raise and track bugs including retesting
- Provide constructive feedback better enhance usage and experience
- Manage test environments to ensure full confidence
- ISEB or ISTQB certifications an advantage