Business Systems Analyst - MultiValue / Pick background
A large and established company in Middlesex is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to be responsible for supporting the organisation through the deployment of new systems, business processes and software, and provision of value added services to its customers. Communication will be with software developers, Project Managers, key business stakeholders, suppliers, and internal and external customers.
- Supporting users of in-house developed and packaged software and the qualifying of Software Change Requests
- Analysis of new requirements, defining scope, assessing impact, risk and working with stakeholders to establish Business Case, using all applicable methods including running workshops and prototyping screen layouts.
- Supporting multiple projects 'hands-on' through the entire project lifecycle.
- Work to a standardised approach and established in-house methodology when deploying new functionality.
- Managing / balancing the business, users, customers, developers and suppliers' interests.
- Willingness to provide out of hours support of company systems e.g. during implementations and to travel to all company locations.
- Experience of working in a Business Analysis or Systems Analysis role with a minimum of 7 years commercial I.T. experience of implementing business applications and delivering change.
- Excellent business and systems analysis skills, influencing skills, a keen focus on systems delivery and an awareness of customer expectations of service levels.
- Planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements sessions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into detail and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communicator.Someone who establishes trust, positively communicates company visions, values, priorities and targets.
- Presents, documents, and discusses solutions in a knowledgeable, credible and convincing manner to all levels of seniority, externally and internally.
- Encourages, mentors and educates others.
- Any experience with Rocket UniVerse, other MultiValue, MS SQL Server Databases, .NET, XML or Java technologies a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of usability and systems design.
- Any experience of applications software in the travel, transport or field service industries an advantage.
- Any experience of implementing reservations or logistics or tariff management / invoicing systems a distinct advantage.
- Must develop business analysis, implementation, documentation and business support skills to company satisfaction.