Our client, based in Warwickshire, is recruiting for an Application Analyst to design, configure and specify IT solutions for customers and stakeholders that deliver value to meet or exceed expectations.
You will be responsible for gathering customer requirements and translating them into solution specifications and developing (or manage 3rd party supplies to develop) the resulting solutions. You will also ensure that all solutions are delivered in line with the IT delivery process, (e.g. analysis, estimation, specification, commercial quotation, UAT planning, release packaging, implementation planning, transition to live service, etc.).
The role may be based at one of 3 sites and there will be occasional travel to other sites as well as customer sites.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders, taking care to understand the reasoning and benefits behind the requirements, and re-confirm with the customers and stakeholders to ensure absolute clarity and agreement. Suggest alternative ways of achieving the desired solution if there is benefit in doing so.
- Create technical documentation, including specifications, test plans and final solution documentation
- Specify and develop solutions in line with specification, whilst maintaining a clear understanding of the reasoning and benefits behind the change
- Regularly communicate progress and recommendation
- Support the IT delivery processes
- Provide 3rd line support in line with IT Service Management processes when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid database management experience with MS SQL Server, and ideally Oracle
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to accurately estimate the time and effort involved in tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of working within a Logistics, Supply Chain, FMCG or Retail environment
- ITIL or agile methodologies
- Advanced user in at least one of the company's core business applications; SMART, Red Prairie, SWMS, WCS, SMART T&A, Universe
- Deep understanding of the company's operations
- Experience working in a multi-customer, matrix environment