We have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to take on the role of IT Manager for an established and stable company based in the South East.
This is an ideal role for someone that has worked in a manufacturing environment who is ambitious and keen to progress to Head of ITC / IT Director.
Key role responsibilities include:
- The day to day management of the ITC infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime of all systems and services to all users and stakeholders.
- Overall management of the ITC function with responsibility for 1 direct report (planning to increase to 2 reports).
- Responsibility for the regular upkeep and maintenance of all ITC systems including servers, eMail Services, Storage Servers, Databases (Microsoft SQL), ERP (Epicor Vantage V8), Telephony System, Internet Connectivity, ITC Security, 50+ desktop/laptop clients (Windows/MS office based), Engineering Packages (Solidworks, EPDM Document Management).
- Maintenance of the communications network based on wired and Wireless LAN throughout the facility, with review and update as appropriate to support growing business needs.
- Monitoring, control and reporting of ITC status and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure delivery of the outcomes planned for the business and the standards defined by the business.
- Responsibility for review and recordkeeping of the ITC ISO-9001 processes and support documents to reflect the operating practices of the department with continuous improvement to implement best practices in ITC.
- Structured Daily/Weekly/Monthly work schedule management for self and other members of the ITC team as necessary to deliver to level of ITC service required by the business.
- Management of an ITC Skills Matrix of ITC processes to manage resource balance and de-risk any business critical functions.
- Preparation of timely and accurate Monthly reports with monitoring, tracking and reporting of KPIs.
- Budget holder responsible for ITC budget.
Candidate profile / experience required:
- Previous ITC management experience is essential, with a minimum of 2 years track record.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is required, ideally working with an ERP package, generating reports in Crystal and/or SQL. Experience with Epicor Vantage and Corvu would be an advantage.
- Setting up and management of Server Level software (Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012, Hyper V, Exchange Server, SQL Server) Microsoft SQL Server, with a sound degree of technical knowledge including trouble shooting, running queries, reports generation.
- Experience with ImageX and WIM image format would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in managing communications networks with upwards of 100 connection nodes.
- Experienced budget holder with responsibility for managing an assigned ITC budget.
- Experience in setting up, maintaining and working in a professional and structured methodology, ideally aligned to the ISO9001 standard.
- Sound understanding of ITC based business process automation, including implementing bar code systems. Knowledge of RFID is desirable but not essential.
- Recognised formal qualification in Computing or Technical/IT related, ideally at degree level, and evidence of continuous on-going training and education.
- Technically well updated and connected to current computing technologies.
- Experienced in safeguarding ITC business continuity.
- Be resolute in focusing on results. Set tough objectives and KPIs, monitor progress and if necessary take corrective action to bring plans back on track, and generally manage the performance of both self and reports.
A friendly approach and the ability to influence and persuade others are important to the function. The person should be a self-starter, competitive, imaginative, enthusiastic, self-confident, inspiring, logical, systematic and precise. The suitable candidate must be prepared to work within the parameters of the organisation and a structured ISO-9001 Business Management System.
Company and personal performance related bonus, pension scheme, flexi time, excellent career progression to Head of ITC/IT Director.