Start Date: 07/05/2018
End Date: 07/09/2018
Pay Rate: £510.00
5 years Residency - See below
The DevOps Engineer role will be responsible for building the CI pipeline, working closely with Architects, System Admin and QAs to extend the existing AWS dev/test platform and build the production infrastructure and configuration.
There is a need for the newly formed Scottish Social Security Directorate to establish a secure production hosting service in which to host the recently contracted delivery of the Low Income Benefit platform which launches to the Scottish public in November 2018. In order to complete this, Scottish Government need to build and deploy a set of security and infrastructure Foundation Services, currently planned to be hosted on AWS. This project will address elements that would be considered "Foundation Services" comprised of: Platform and Security Management; Security Information Event Management (SIEM); Perimeter and Network Security; Data and Communications Security; Identity and Access Management; Threat and Vulnerability Management and Privileged User Access Management.
- Strong Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools for rapid deployment of virtual infrastructure
- Ability to use a wide variety of technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script (Python, Shell)
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable working across production, test and development environments under change control
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
The candidate needs to be a UK NATIONAL to fulfil this role and also requires an uninterrupted period of 5 years of residency within the UK as a minimum.