IN SHORT: You must be a driven, enthusiastic Analyst Programmer with 2 years industry experience in developing systems. Knowledge of Windows and web-based technologies along with ERP and database (MultiValue ** preferably) systems useful. Alternatively you could be an experienced MultiValue database person who wants to get into Web based technologies !
(** MultiValue database eg Universe, Unidata, Reality, D3, OnWare, OpenQM, Revelation, OpenInsight etc)
A manufacturing end user is looking for a driven and enthusiastic Analyst Programmer, with a thirst for finding user-friendly innovative solutions in a fast-paced and frequently changing manufacturing environment.
The client runs bespoke computer systems and complex customer integrations which are vital to both their administration and manufacturing operations and provide a significantly-valued offering to their client-base. They have over 150 users on our UNIX-based ERP system including 100 networked PC's and a number of UNIX and Windows servers.
Their ERP application uses a multi-value database; however, they are looking to introduce more modern Windows or web-based technologies. The successful candidate would play a key role in that transition.
- ·Minimum 2 years' experience of programming.
- ·Educated to 'A' level standard minimum in a Maths, Science or Business-related discipline
- ·Excellent communication skills - ability to integrate with users, understand their issues and suggest useful solutions in a clear way
- ·Excellent analytical skills - ability to understand complex problems and suggest simple logical solutions
- ·Experience of leading the scoping, design and development phases of significant internal and customer-facing projects
- ·Degree in IT, mathematics, accounting or engineering discipline
- ·Experience of IT in a manufacturing environment
- ·Able to use initiative - to investigate an issue and consider all possible implications across the business, even when these are not obvious at first.
- ·Also able to manage their own workloads, working on more than one project at one time, and able to manage users changing demands ensuring all deadlines are met.