An opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer (ref 868) to join our client, a business that was established in 2018 and has grown rapidly following the acquisition of a software business specialising in industrial materials resource tracking, warehouse tracking and business to business messaging systems.
Based out of their office in Peterborough, they develop their own highly configurable products which are used by some of the world's largest companies, manufacturing a wide range of products from pet foods to breakfast cereals and from mineral water to arguably the UK's favourite chocolate bar.
As a Software Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers to gather requirements and produce functional specification.
- Understanding and being responsible for development of working technical solutions using a suite of products that they have developed.
- Producing customer documentation and training guides.
- Working closely with support engineers to resolve problems.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
Software development is a key aspect of this role, particularly about configuring their own products to deliver a customer solution.
We are looking for a Software Developer who has the following skills and experiences:
- C# .Net (essential).
- Microsoft SQL Server (preferably).
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites (with occasional one or two overnight stays).
- Logical thinker - able to take a set of requirements, document them and turn them into a working customer solution.
- An organised, motivated, self-starter.
- Able to work on customer sites which may include factories producing food products comprising meats, nuts, and other potentially allergic ingredients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but successful software consultancy business which offers you the opportunity to work with top-name customers around the world. They are a friendly, close knit team with individuals who have decades of experience in software development.
The office is based in Peterborough with easy access to the A1 and ample parking but there is also opportunity for a mix of office and home-based working.