(Job ref 865) We are looking for a Software Development Services Manager to join the leadership team and head up the software development function which is segmented into two areas - Standard Product Development and Customer Specific Product Development. This role is primarily office based but may have the opportunity for some flexible working.
The Standard Product team will be focused on developing the standard ERP to a Product roadmap providing regular product updates, while the Customer Specific Product team will be focused on supporting the Customer Solutions Team to deliver new implementations to demanding project timelines as well as providing bespoke software solutions to existing customers upon demand.
With a proven ability to manage a software development department and strong background experience of the full development lifecycle including both waterfall and agile methodologies, you will lead a team of resources to deliver products and services to support these two areas of the business.
As a Software Development Services Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Chief Operating Officer to achieve the company's business strategic initiatives and goals
- Directly leading a team of resources to help create the highest quality of software as well as working with 3rd parties to ensure that all companion products are aligned with the flagship ERP products
- Planning, coordinating and executing software releases
- Working with the product management function to achieve the product roadmap
- Acting as Scrum Master within the day to day operations of the team
- Ensuring that the team are focused and productive across all areas, together with managing the performance metrics of the team and individual resources
The team will be measured on profitability, quality and on-time delivery of solutions, so it is essential that you manage all aspects of the process from estimation to customer acceptance and the individual team performance to provide the right solutions at the right time with the minimum of rework.
The successful Software Development Services Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Masters Degree or equivalent work experience
- Recognised Management Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- Strong development background - preferably from a MultiValue environment (Universe, Unidata, jBase, mvBase etc)
- Proven track record of delivering software solutions using both agile and waterfall methods
- Extensive experience of managing and leading development resources with experience of driving sustainable performance against challenging business targets
- Broad knowledge of development languages and experience of evolving products incrementally from legacy systems to a modern API layer environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience of application architecture, development best practices and delivering solutions with integration across the system landscape
- Excellent resource and team management skills and a proven ability to motivate teams and individual team members spanning differing levels of expertise
- Extensive experience with software development management tools, agile management, test management systems, project revision control tracking tools and document management systems
In return, you will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 pa plus 25 days holiday on top of statutory holidays, private medical cover for self and immediate family, life assurance based on 4 times salary, family friendly policies, cycle to work scheme and free parking.
If this sounds like the Software Development Services Manager role for you, click the apply link online and submit an updated copy of your CV today to Prospectus IT Recruitment!