Yes, it's been 30 years exactly today since Prospectus was born ! Prospectus was started to bring quality, honest and ethical recruitment to the specialist Pick (now MultiValue) market.
As a naive and innocent (up for interpretation), young (undisputed - I have my birth certificate) lady, I could have have imagined what the next 30 years would hold for myself and Prospectus. The highs, the lows and the funny !
Yes, as this special birthday was looming, I had some fun reminiscing ...
- 3 recessions - not dwelling here !
- A few court cases - fortunatelya 100% successful track record here to-date :)
- Other things but I never dwell on negatives - It's "so not me !" so I'm not going to do it here.
- Being nominated and winning a variety of Awards (click here). Some fab champagne, dinners and breakfasts!
- Being interviewed and included in a Penguin / Puffin book about successful people along with the likes of Terence Trent Darby, Annabel Croft to name a few. It aimed to inspire others.
- Putting a face to a name and 5.5 weeks later being married to them - then 5.5 years later being divorced ! We may not still be married but we still talk happily !
- Placing people has been and still is my favourite "high" as I get to make an individual happy, help businesses move some great projects forwards and of course paying my mortgage.
(oh so many but most I've sworn to never share !)
- Setting fire to a menu in a lavish french restaurant on my first ever client lunch. I went from nervous to very embarrassed in the flick of a match !
- Doing Marilyn Monroe impressions when visiting a server room - straight skirts from then on !
- Falling face first in a snow drift in Finland with clients. I really should learn to stay in line and do as I'm told !!
- Getting gassed by a supplier who didn't follow instructions. Fortunately we both ended up laughing whilst gasping for air with streaming eyes ! Only took a few hours to recover.
- Playing tennis in a park by car headlights and moonlight.
- Seeing local sights during a client visit to Holland ...!!!
- Panting in my PJs after descending 16 flights of stairs in the middle of the night to after fire alarms went off at a hotel where there was a Conference. Definitely not my best look and delighted that Social Media wasn't about then and the clients have been perfect gentlemen about this through the years.
- Skippering a boat with clients on board but misjudging the fuel consumption. Not the food and alcohol fuel though ! A real team building exercise experience. Yes, the clients do all still talk to me today.
- Blushing whilst the Dream Boys did their act when I was hosting a party at a Central London venue. Honestly the club booked them not me !
- Having 2 members of staff kidnapped on camels whilst in Egypt. They got back safely and laughed too.
- Caught stalking a client in the US as I was lost ! Fortunately, he took me under his wing and saw the funny side of it.
I have loved this 30 year journey because I have shared it with some fabulous people (staff, clients and candidates) in a fantastic market. It's a real community as well as a technology.
- Thank you to you all for your help and hours of patience whilst helping me understand the technologies.
- Thank you to some great staff through the decades.
- Thank you for the opportunities to help you with your projects and letting me work alongside your businesses.
- Thank you for trusting me with your careers.
- Thank you for confiding in me so that I can best help you.
- Thank you for the last fun 30 years.
30 years have been a blast !
Thank you to a Great Community.
Thank you for your business, your trust and the fun.
Now on with the next decade....