Some very positive and encouraging news for recruitment agencies and job seekers !
According to ‘The Report on Jobs’ monthly publication for September, vacancies have risen at the fastest pace since June 2007. This is published by the REC (Recruitment Employment Confederation).
Data from the Office for National Statistics showed that:
- Job vacancies were up 12.0% on an annual basis in the 3 months to July.
- Recruitment spending rose by 2.3% in the first quarter of 2013.
Engineering saw the strongest rate of expansion with IT & Computing ranked third highest.
Key points from the survey carried out in August report:
- Fastest rate in short-term appointments since July 1998.
- Permanent placement growth ceases, but remains strong.
- Total vacancies increase at sharpest rate in over six years.
- Permanent salary inflation strongest in five and a half years.